Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Flatbread Melt

Annnnndddddd I'm back!  I apologize for my extended absence but I recently became the proud owner of every season of Gilmore Girls on DVD, so you can imagine how busy I have been.

In order to make it up to you I bring you a very special entry: Bremer Selects Chicken Quesadilla Flatbread Melt!


This is the ALDI item that started it all. On my first trip to ALDI, I was marveling at all of the neat little prepackaged meals like this. GC warned me that I "would be sorry" if I ate any of them. Not one to back down from a challenge, I cased all of their frozen foods and picked the Chicken Quesadilla Flatbread Melt as my test.


You heat it up in the microwave in a little silver cardboard sleeve, similar to a hot pocket. It came out toasty and warm and it looked pretty good. Right? That doesn't look terrible. You can see actual onions sticking out. Now, it's been several months since I ate this item and it's no longer available at my ALDI so I couldn't go get a refresher-melt. Luckily for all of us, my phone remembers everything.

There you have it.

The Bremer Select Chicken Quesadilla Flatbread Melt gets an A++. Bonus points for greatly exceeding all expectations and being the item that inspired this blog!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just hate it when that happens? Just bought a product that is amazing and just know it will "go away"! aldi needs a place for us to evaluate. . . . and occasionally. . . . plead.

    ReplyDelete