Thursday, December 6, 2012

Friendly Farms Egg Nog!

 
I have a pretty short history with eggnog. So short that this is really only our second winter together.  Full disclosure, I drank enough eggnog last season that we've effectively had four winters. I'm not sure why I wasn't on the bandwagon before, probably has to do with the unappetizing name. But really, it's just melted ice cream with some nutmeg? (Really, eggnog ice cream recipes on the internet consist of just pouring the eggnog back into an ice cream maker.)


Before last night, I was flirting with making eggnog from scratch until the following joke was on Happy Endings last night: "Uh oh, you did it now, Brad. You found her hobby; making bad versions of things you could just easily buy in a store." And now I think I'll just buy more Friendly Farms. (Plus their packaging is pretty cute and you should all be watching Happy Endings on ABC.)


Aldi Friendly Farms Egg Nog is pretty great. It tastes like melted, holiday ice cream. It's thick and creamy and CHEEEEEEEAP. Seriously, less than $2. I give it an A. Winter RULES.


1 comment:

  1. Doing an Aldi run today. Will pick some up and give it a try.

    On a more serious note, Happy Endings started off great but now just seems to be a bunch of hobbled together scenes of annoying characters saying annoying things (with made up words) in annoying 'character' voices. Have you noticed the change? It's no longer watchable for me.

    ReplyDelete