Wednesday, May 2, 2012

FIBER NOW Cereal



I think most of my reviews about ALDI food are going to be cereal and wine.  I have two more Winking Owls and two more cereals to review. That probably says a lot about my lifestyle. But you're reading about ALDI wines and cereal, so what does that say about your lifestyle?  

Millville Honey Clusters FIBER NOW cereal is clearly attempting to knock off Fiber One. And similarly to Fiber One, this stuff is pretty bland. I had assumed that Millville would have skimped on the clusters but they were pretty abundant. Unfortunately, they didn't add flavor or texture to the cereal. 

They do claim to have 13 grams of fiber per serving, so I think this cereal would work well as a base to another cereal. For example, if you had a cup of this plus a cup of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, you'd probably have a pretty decent breakfast. The cheerios would add much needed flavor and the FIBER NOW would add bulk and provide a little fiber (if you aren't mixing cereals, you aren't doing it right (it being life.).).


Unfortunately, I didn't have any flavorful cereals at my house that I could cut with FIBER NOW. I actually added a spoonful of sugar to make this palatable, something I haven't done in almost a decade.

I give Millville Honey Clusters FIBER NOW a D, disappointing. I don't see myself buying this again.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, interesting, I would rate this cereal an "A" just on taste. It get's a second "A" for nutrition, 13 grams fiber, and only 7 grams of sugar. It's a winner in my book and a lot less than $4.17 for a box of FiberOne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I congratulate you on having what appears to be an adult cereal palate. I'm working on mine - at least I no longer eat Fruity Pebbles...

      Delete
  2. Could anybody help me read the "better if used by"code?I'd appreciate help in knowing when my cereal is still fresh.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last cereal I bought had a very simple date (e.g. SEPT152012), I'll try to remember to look at some of the other types and see if I can find the code you're talking about. If you have a picture...I would love to try.

      Delete
  3. I bought Fiber Now cereal a couple of years ago. After that trip, I've never seen it again at Aldi. Is it possible that Fiber One threatened a suit against Millville? Or has anyone one else seen Fiber Now at Aldi recently? Wish I could get it!

    ReplyDelete