Monday, April 30, 2012

"I want an Oompa Loompa now!" ~ Veruca Salt -- Table Salt

Salt, the oldest of man's spices. Awww who am I kidding, I don't know if that's true. I'm no food historian. Is that even a thing? That would be an amazing job. ALDI if you're reading this, I want to apply for any Food Historian positions you have open. So today's post is.....Stonemill Essentials Iodized Table Salt!

Boring but salty and only $.35!!

What can I say about this?

Virtually nothing. It's salty and iodized which I think are pretty much the two things to look for when buying salt. Why is there iodine even added to salt? I have no idea. WAIT! If I want to be a food historian I probably oughta know the answer right? Wikipedia, here I come. And I'm back - Wikipedia says "Iodine deficiency affects about two billion people and is the leading preventable cause of mental retardation. The practice began in 1924." So there you go, eat lots of salt so you don't become retarded. Can that even happen? I was sort of under the impression that either you were or you weren't retarded but after reading that I'm thinking maybe the only thing standing the way of all us becoming a planet of retarded people is iodized table salt.

The only negative thing I have to say about this salt is that after only two uses the spout popped off!

 De-spouted

I'm giving this Stonemill Essentials Iodized Table Salt an L+, L for would buy again and + for keeping us from becoming retarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment