Monday, February 4, 2013

Beans, Beans, Good For Your Heart - Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans

I love a good cup of coffee in morning. But, like you my loyal readers, I don't have time to be grinding and blending and brewing and stopping at McDonalds for a cup. Luckily, ALDI has taken care of that by making coffee edible! Ladies and Gentlemen, today I give you Specially Selected Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Roasted Coffee Beans!

Suck It, Starbucks!

Man, the Specially Selected products have been hitting it out of the ballpark lately. I almost think they're just slapping a "Specially Selected" label on Trader Joe's products and reselling them. So let's see how this baby did.


The first thing I noticed when I opened them was the unnatural sheen the beans had. So bright. I'm no food scientist, ** sidebar -- My daughter was a food scientist once. She tested mayonnaise so it didn't kill you. So buy her a cup of coffee next time you see her since she kept you alive and all. It seems like the least you could do. ** but I guess maybe they put something on there so they don't all melt together like the cheap-o Kroger brand chocolate covered peanuts. Anyway, the were shiny. And only $2.99.

Ahhhhh, My Eyes!

 The first one I ate was pretty good but like all coffee things the coffee flavor, I guess you get used to it, it disappears. So I waited a while and ate some more and sure enough - coffee. Pretty not interesting right?

I'm giving these Specially Selected Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Roasted Coffee Beans an L. I probably won't buy them again but they weren't bad if you like these kinds of candies.

P.S. ALDI, we've talked about the length of these names. At this point I think you're just mocking me. Knock it off!

3 comments:

  1. In my opinion (and my family's) these are delicious!! :) Excellent price too. I enjoy your blog. Wish you were on Facebook. Thanks for the insight on Aldi purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lease getbsome more of these in russell kentuky store PLEASEE ALONG WITH THE COFFEE CREAM CANDY BARS TYTY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot thank Mr Benjamin service enough and letting people know how grateful I am for all the assistance that you and your team staff have provided and I look forward to recommending friends and family should they need financial advice or assistance @ 2% Rate for Business Loan .Via Contact : .  247officedept@gmail.com. WhatsApp...+ 19893943740. Keep up the great work.
    Thanks, Busarakham.

    ReplyDelete