Thursday, January 31, 2013

Buy Me Some Peanuts... Roasted Peanuts

Being from Georgia, there's two things I like - Jimmy Carter and peanuts. I was going to bring you Jimmy Carter but my Secret Service friend advised me against it. So in the name of not getting arrested I bring you...

Both!

Awwww, not really, today I bring you...Southern Grove Salted and Roasted Jumbo Peanuts!

Just Peanuts, Sorry.

So guess what country produces the most peanuts in the world. China! Like 13 million metric tons of the things. That's a LOT of Kung Pao Chicken. The good ole U.S. of A. is a distant third with 2 million metric tons and from what I can tell from my 30 second search on the internet, Georgia is carrying the water for the rest of the country producing about half of that. What's that? You want to just jump into the review? You don't think you need to learn anything? Well take a look at what I found on the bag - apparently some of us are morons.

 How can there be peanuts in peanuts?
 
 
 
You get a full pound of peanuts for only $1.49. And they are pretty jumbo based on my previous consumption of peanuts. They're nicely salted - not too much, not none at all. But you knew this review was going too good to last. Here's the other shoe. The don't taste like peanuts! It's so weird - my eyes tell me I'm eating a peanut but there's no peanut taste. I'm no expert on roasting peanuts but my feeling is that they roasted these too long and roasted the flavor right out of them. The nut itself looks darker than other roasted peanuts I picked up elsewhere and they seem harder. Like they cooked too long. It doesn't taste bad mind you, it just doesn't taste peanutty.
 
See, I ate a whole bunch of them.
 
I'm giving these  Southern Grove Salted and Roasted Jumbo Peanuts a D. If they were sitting on a bar and I was drinking a beer I'd eat them and not complain and truth be told, I'll probably finish these off. But the lack of peanut taste is disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment