Thursday, October 11, 2012

Guest Post: Bake House Pie Crusts

Hi everyone! Today we have a guest post from my Mom. I feel like she chose to make this as a not-so-subtle way to encourage us to come home more. A steamy, delicious bribe. Anyway, thanks Mom!

It is with great humility that I write my first ALDI review.  It will be hard to fill the shoes of the original blogger, who just happens to be my daughter and has smaller feet than I do.  It is only within the last year that I have included ALDI as one of my top places to shop.  Who doesn't enjoy the satisfaction of saving money whenever possible?  And ALDI is a good place to start.



I've just cleaned the dishes away from our Sunday lunch and wanted to write this review while the smell of turkey pot pie still lingers.  Knowing that I had leftover turkey to use up at home, I thought I'd give the Bake House Pie Crust a try.


I gave up making my own pie crusts many years ago when I discovered that store-bought was just as good, or at least as good as mine.  These pie crusts come in a similar red box, as that other brand, with each crust rolled and packaged separately inside.  I baked mine about 15 minutes longer than the package directed and covered the edges with foil until the last fifteen minutes of baking to prevent burning.  My husband and I were both pleased with the result.  The crust was very flaky and had an ever so slight sweet taste.  The only difference of note is the dull finish of the baked crust.  Not as shiny as that other brand when it comes out of the oven.  That did not bother me as I am all about the taste.

I give Bake House Pie Crust a L for likely will buy again and at $1.89 I likely will.

3 comments:

  1. Aldi, per made pie crust is the WORST! Just look at the piture above it is dry, dry. Used it this year for my pumpkin pies the crust tasted awful. Tried it again on some peacon cookie pies the crust was dry like a tasteless cracker. I usually use Pillsbury it almost as good as my own, nice and flaky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bake House Creations pie crust is the best bought pie crust that I have ever bought. I do not understand why it is a seasonal item. I would buy two packages every week. I am very disappointed that I can only buy it a couple of months out of the year. ***** rating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree this is the best pie crust ever! Our Aldi only has Belmont right now. I hope they get the Bake House back!

      Delete