Monday, October 22, 2012

Do You Know The Muffin (Gentle)Man (Caller)? -- Cranberry Orange Premium Muffin Mix

I guess like all of us I tend to buy things that I know I like and I like orange-anything muffins. So I was pretty excited to see these cranberry-orange muffins at ALDI one day. Into my basket and now on to my blog. Ladies and Gentlemen, today I bring you --- Baker's Corner Cranberry Orange Premium Muffin & Quick Bread Mix!

 Cran-tastic!

Okay first things first, ALDI. Enough with the crazy long titles. Enough. I'm already tired of typing it. From now on in this review it will be referred to as BCCOPM&QBM. No, no, that's too long too. It's just going to be The Muffins.
 


Hey what's the difference between a muffin and a cupcake? Icing? Fruit? They're both pretty delicious and come in super cute tiny form factors. I don't feel like wikipediaing it right now so I'll leave to you, the readers, to comment below.

The Muffins are pretty easy to make. Mix the mix, a couple eggs and some water (I think) and pour it into some muffin tins. I got nine regular sized muffins out of one box. A little disappointed that the cranberries are dehydrated and not a separate can of cranberries and sweet sweet cranberry syrup. I mean, it does say premium.

Into the oven for I can't remember how long and out came nine pretty good looking muffins. Have a look!

Yeah, I own a cooling rack. Big whoop.

On to the tasting. As you all know, I'm harsh on ALDI. I probably dislike way more things than I like. But these muffins were pretty good. My two complaints are A. they just taste orangie, no cranberry what so ever and B. they were kind of tough (which might have been caused by some over zealous beating on my part). Other than that they were good. 

So there you have it. Pretty decent muffins - if you like orange and you don't beat them like you're Vanderbilt and they're Auburn. Sorry Walt.

I give these Baker's Corner Cranberry Oran...The Muffins an L- for would try again. L because they were good, minus because the cranberry experience was poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment