Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mini Bread Bowls - Spinach and Artichoke Edition

I bought these Appetitos Spinach & Artichoke Mini Bread Bowls with hesitation. I just couldn't imagine how these could be good and $3? That's pricey for ALDI. My hesitation followed me home and this item sat in my freezer for a month at least. I was imagining a chewy, salty, mouthful of processed dough and grease. 



They came out of the oven looking and smelling pretty good. Each one is a little larger than a Benton's Chocolate Sandwich Cookie in diameter.  The bread bowl was crispy and chewy at the same time and the filling had distinct spinach and artichoke flavor with some garlic salt for kick. It was not the amorphous blob I was expecting, but a mini bread bowl stuffed with spinach and artichoke!


Three dollars gets you eight mini bread bowls. I took four and gave the remaining four to GC where I'm sure they will spend a month in his freezer as well. Maybe eventually, he can give an update to this post with his own ranking and thoughts.

I give the Appetitos Spinach and Artichoke Mini Bread Bowls an L++.  An "L" because these things are pretty calorie-leaden and therefore won't be purchased on the regular. Bonus points for exceeding expectations and allowing you to pretend to be a giant while you eat it. ME HUNGRY!


Stray Thoughts:
  • ALDI also has a Buffalo Chicken variety of mini bread bowl.
  • ME HUNGRY!

1 comment:

  1. THESE ARE THE BEST EVER! I am so sad that Aldi's has them only for football season :(

    ReplyDelete