Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Aldi's Mint Oreos


After an entire week of mostly disappointing pies, I'm glad I get to bring something that was so great. So great, in fact, that I had to throw them away to keep from eating 5000 calories in three days. Benton's Mint Creme Chocolate Sandwich Cookies! I love mint oreos and I enjoyed Benton's Chocolate Sandwich Cookies original version, so these were destined to be a slam dunk.

(I hope you guys got the "slam dunk"pun. Because we're talking about knockoff oreos. And they're "Great for Dunking!" C'mon it says it right on the package!  My humor is very nuanced; it's ok if you don't follow all of it.)

Anyway, if you like mint oreos or those candy cane joes from TJs, you'll like these too. And they're only $1.89 compared to the $3.00 the suckers pay. I give these cookies an A++. Bonus point for the pretty green of the middles and spelling cream like "creme" because fanciness.


Oh also, this blog has a twitter account now, @whatsgoodataldi or www.twitter.com/whatsgoodataldi.  I do sometimes tweet out blog posts, but mostly I just stalk and tweet at people talking about ALDI or #ALDI on twitter. I did recommend these cookies to @Aldi_UK - but they don't carry them over there. Shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment