Saturday, March 3, 2012

(Not Dunkin') Donut Store Blend -- Coffee Donut Store Blend

After last night's Arbor Mist wine tasting party, I needed a cup of coffee and one of those pills I read about in Wired magazine that makes you forget bad memories. A quick call to my insurance company revealed that shame is not covered. Well, coffee then. Much to my daughter's chagrin, I'm not a coffee snob. I'll drink anything that resembles a hot cup of black coffee. Even that knock off stuff they give us at the office and it is horrible. So, with that caveat I give you...Beaumont Coffee Donut Store Blend!

Bag O Coffee

The package has the familiar Dunkin' Donuts corporate orange and purple color pallet so it's pretty clear what they're trying to knock off here. It says "100% Premium Arabica Pure Coffee" of medium intensity. They also claim that at Beaumont (a company that I'm highly suspect does not actually exist) they "live and breathe the whole experience, traveling the world, sourcing, roasting and blending the finest beans" a claim I somehow doubt is true given that they can sell 12 oz. of this for $4.49. But you know, whatever you want us to think ALDI. Maybe you really have slogged through the jungles of South America and come to find that arabica really is the best coffee the world has to offer. The dry grounds smell sort of like coffee, sort of like Island Fruit Chardonnay - but that may be residual Arbor Mist.



What gets drunk out of the Las Vegas mug 
stays in the Las Vegas mug. Hunh?

As you can see, I brewed it in a french press using my normal amounts of coffee (5 scoops) and water (no idea how much that is, what am I a scientist?). I let it steep for a few minutes before pressing it. This makes about two and a half regular coffee mug sized cups of coffee. The flavor was indeed mild and it's pretty good. Not a lot of bold coffee smell but it's a decent cup of everyday morning blend coffee. I don't have a Dunkin' Donuts near me (I don't live in Boston!) so I can't say whether it actually tastes like their coffee or not, also I don't have any donuts.

This Beaumont Coffee - Donut Store Blend gets an L- for would probably buy again. "L" because it's tastes pretty good and "-" because at $4.49 it's not a great bargain compared to the Eight O'Clock brand for $4.99 which I normally drink - hey I told you I'll drink anything!

stray thoughts
  • there's a bunch of other varieties of Beaumont Coffee including instant and whole bean

3 comments:

  1. ALDI changed the packaging but it's the same coffee. Absolutely wonderful everyday brew if you buy whole bean. Its roast level is known as City Roast, and when you grind it, it comes out this gorgeous cinnamon color, instead of dark mocha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a whiff of this stuff at CVS. It smells really good. I'm thinking about trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. telldunkin.com is the place where the customers can criticise or praise the services that
    they have experienced at Dunkin’ Donuts restaurant. Spend a couple of minutes to share
    your words on telldunkin.com. You can even
    customize the services and menu if required for the improvement of the company.
    https://telldunkin.online/

    dunkin donut's survey

    ReplyDelete