Thursday, January 10, 2013

Simply Nature Week - Creamy Banana Fruit Bars


Before I talk about how flipping amazing these popsicles are, I just want to apologize in advance for the lackluster-ness of this review. Please don't let that diminish how much I loved these, but I just got home after a quick trip to Jekyll Island and back for work. That's about 5 hours each way and I am not a happy traveler. (Also, I took a muscle relaxer about 30 minutes ago so I'm sort of under the gun to get this review finished before my brain shuts off.)

BANANA POPSICLES!!


This picture doesn't do the experience of eating one of these bars justice. This doesn't look great and these things are GREAT. They taste a lot like banana baby food which I think we all agree is the only non-disgusting flavor of baby food. It was really creamy and absolutely no chemical taste. These taste like they should be homemade except we all know that trying to combine mashed up bananas and milk in a popsicle mold would end poorly. So this is better than homemade?

I'm going to ALDI today to buy another box and one of each of the other flavors, chunky strawberry (is "chunky" really necessary?) and raspberry. These creamy delights have pulled me out of my cream puff trance and they get an A++. Bonus points for being organic and only 100 calories each. Mashed up fruit for the win!

1 comment:

  1. I see you did find some of the stuff that is Organic! Woo Hoo! We ate our Strawberry bars last night and I will definitely buy them again. :)

    ReplyDelete