Thursday, January 3, 2013

Specially Selected Cream Puffs


Happy post-holidays ALDI-eaters. I know it's been awhile since there has been a new review, but I don't want you guys to worry; I ate a lot of ALDI food over the holidays (we all celebrate in our own special ways, no judgements).   I wanted to start off What's Good at ALDI 2013 with a positive review so let's talk about Specially Selected Cream Puffs.

I stopped by a new ALDI on my way home to my parents' house and was trying to pick out something I thought I could convince my sister to eat. I have been eyeing these cream puffs from day one but I always balked at the $4.99 price tag. But my sister LOVES cream puffs and they were on sale for the first time and here we are.

Soooo, we ate every single cream puff in about eight hours. That's a lot of cream puffs for two average-height ladies. I feel cream-puffier as a result. But these things were fantastic. Creamy and light and heavy and sweet and not sweet and I don't know what adjectives food-experts use to describe cream puffs, but whatever they are supposed to be, they are!


Specially Selected Cream Puffs get an A+++++++++++ (one bonus point for each cream puff I ate in those glorious eight hours). I hope everyone has chosen quirky new years resolutions this year instead of boring ones like "be healthier."  Mine is to set a timer everyday for three minutes and use those three minutes to clean my house. So far I've only missed one day!

3 comments:

  1. They are the best and so easy to take to a potluck, picnic or for any party. We actually love them more without any powdered sugar. The chocolate ones are tasty too. Not to mention, these containers are awesome for food storage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I love these things. The only problem is I binge eat them. They are so freaking tasty! 😋

    ReplyDelete