Saturday, January 12, 2013

Simply Nature Week Finale - Uncured Pepperoni Thin & Crispy Pizza

I love pizza and not being able to find that Simply Nature pepperoni pizza earlier this week was nagging at my soul. When I went back yesterday to restock the Lady's supply of banana bars, I rooted around a little and found it! So doctor's warnings be damned, today I give you - Simply Nature Uncured Pepperoni Thin & Crispy Pizza!

Busted!

I'm not sure why I had such trouble finding this thing. It was sitting in the frozen section right up front along with it's cousin, Simply Nature Cheese Thin & Crispy Pizza. Both varieties are $3.49 which is only $1.50 less than a Little Caesars Hot and Ready. Hey, can we take a minute to discuss a non-ALDI food topic? Isn't it amazing that we live in a day and age when you can simply walk into a pizza joint and walk out with a pizza for 5 bucks? I mean it's no Antico (BTW -if you haven't been to Antico, you should go right now. This post will be here when you get back.) but it's not $20 either. I kind of feel bad for the poor LC franchisee when I buy one. I mean, how much could they possibly be making on a $5 large pizza? Oh, well here's the answer. That doesn't seem too bad. P.S. I love you internet.



So I took the pizza out of the box and ALDI hasn't cheaped out like DiGiorno and stopped giving you a cardboard circle to get the pizza out of the oven and cut it on. Score one for ALDI. I flipped the box over to get the cooking instructions and found this.

  Use your own best judgement.

Cooking guidelines. Not instructions, just some guidelines. Cook it however you like, but here's some suggestions. Maybe it's the Simply Nature all natural hippie way of labeling things? You know, we don't want to force our cooking values on you. We're not the man. But like, if we were doing it, here's what we would do. But you can do whatever you want, man. We're not gonna judge. Peace.

Well I decided to use the guidelines. I cooked it for 10 minutes and it was cooked to perfection.

Bellissimo!

The pizza was pretty good. As I told you in my earlier pizza post, I like the thinnest possible crust on a frozen pizza. This did not disappoint. It was, as advertised, both thin and crispy with just a slight chewiness. There wasn't a lot of pepperoni flavor but it was $3.49 so I'll give it some leeway. The sauce and cheese were both pretty good. Overall, a pretty decent frozen pizza.

I give this Simply Nature Uncured Pepperoni Thin & Crispy Pizza an L because I actually liked it. If you're going to have a couple of frozen pizzas in the freezer to eat when Little Caesar's is closed, this is a pretty good choice.

1 comment:

  1. Had tonight too. Added fresh mushrooms, spinach, onion, and a little extra cheese. It was DAMN good. I'll be buying more. I read the crust ingredients...as it was a thin crust (preferred in our household)...and found it is made with key ingredients. LOVED IT..

    ReplyDelete