Thursday, January 24, 2013

Spreadable, Not Edible - Spreadable Cheddar & Horseradish Cheese

Processed cheese is a wonder of human ingenuity. Is there anything better than spray cheese? Kraft American Slices? Cheese balls? Velveeta? No, even the invention of the wheel pales in comparison to being able to spread, melt or wrangle cheese onto or into anything you please. So of course when I saw spreadable cheese at ALDI I was delighted. Ladies and gentlemen, today I give you - Specially Selected Gourmet Spreadable Cheese Cheddar & Horseradish.

Robust!

In an earlier review, the Lady enjoyed the Garlic and Herb variety of this product. I have high hopes for Cheddar and Horseradish so let's get right to it. 
 
 
And so my winning streak with ALDI comes to an end. This stuff is just awful. It's another one of those products that make me wonder if anyone at ALDI even tastes this stuff before they pack it off to the stores. 
 
 Just..no.
 
It smells like something Dow chemical concocted on an off day and it tastes like it was forged by the hand of the devil himself. Terrible. I tried a couple bites on a Savoritz Triscuit knock off and found it to be completely inedible. Just to make sure it wasn't the cracker's fault, I ate some directly out of the package which turned out to be an even bigger mistake. This stuff is awful. It doesn't taste at all like horseradish or cheddar - two things I like - it tastes more like a horrible chemistry experiment. I would have packed it off to my daughter who teaches chemistry for further analysis, but I feared the post office would brand me a biological terrorist for shipping this concoction through the mail.

I give this Specially Selected Gourmet Spreadable Cheese Cheddar & Horseradish an I for Inedible. Save yourself $2.99, there's no way you'll eat this.

No comments:

Post a Comment